When you purchased your home, the large yard may have appealed to your family as one of the major attractions. Now that you’ve settled into your house and the realities of weekly maintenance have taken hold, you’re at a loss about proper lawn care. You can take this problem off your worry list because our experts are committed to sharing our knowledge and educating others.
Highlights From Free Booklet About Lawn Care
To help homeowners understand the important factors in lawn care, we have written a complete booklet about grass, sod and turf management.
Here are some of the highlights:
- If time permits, clear the section completely to avoid weeds popping up again in your new lawn.
- Use glyphosate, which will not leave any dangerous substances behind, to facilitate this process.
- When the existing grass and plants are ready for removal, use a spade, turf iron or petrol turf cutter to make this job easier and ensure a level surface for your new lawn.
- Pick up or rake out stones and debris such as roots to make sure the area is entirely clear.
- For the best results, use a double-screened (1/4” sieved) sandy loam topsoil for the top few inches.
- Double dig or rotovate the soil at least two times to a depth of 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 cm) to make sure that the depth and tilth are uniform.
- Use a garden fork to break up any large clods to create a level area before working in a good fertilizer.
Would you like additional information? Click this link to get our comprehensive guide to Turf Care.
“Best in Education Award” and Ongoing Commitment
For the past 7 years, the Arboretum in Wilmington, N.C., has honored us with the “Best in Education” Award. We draw on knowledge based on a 4-year bachelor of science degree in turf and soil sciences as well as the following affiliations:
- Three major agricultural university systems
- Local arboretums
- Extension services
We are dedicated to educating “do-it-yourself” customers who want to purchase a few slabs or pallets of sod to repair small damaged areas. Our experts also help others learn how to replace an entire lawn, so they can enjoy years of healthy grass.
In addition, the team at Superior Sod & Garden Supplies has assisted others with massive projects involving truckloads of sod. We have helped with sod work at the following:
- Several parks
- Several 18-hole golf courses
- University football stadium
In other words, we are delighted to help with projects of any size! To get started and benefit from our expertise, check out the videos on our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperiorSod/about?view_as=public
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email us. Contact Superior Sod & Garden Supplies now!